Home *** About/contact *** What we do in Speech and Drama class *** Parent feedback *** Publicity *** SpeechNZ aims
with Colleen Foss
The SpeechNZ Syllabus is our teaching guide. Classes are graded to fit the Speech and Drama Syllabus. Each grades learning outcomes build on the grade below. Students have the option of sitting graded exams.
Speech New Zealand (SpeechNZ)
Aims to develop versatility in the use of language and oral presentation and performance skills.
Speech New Zealand examinations help students to:
• Express themselves with clarity, confidence and courtesy in personal, social, business and professional situations, speaking in public and (where this is the aim) in the theatre
• Enjoy what they read, develop an appreciation of literature and have the ability not only
to read silently with perception, but also to read aloud with a sensitivity for content and
style which will hold the interest of listeners
• Develop the ability to listen with discernment and courtesy
• Develop a vocabulary rich enough to express thoughts and ideas with clarity and
• Develop a resonant, flexible and appropriately projected voice
• Develop speech that is readily understandable and free from affectation or habits which
may cause ambiguity or embarrassment.
Excerpt from Speech NZ Syllabus 2012 on speechnz.co.nz website.
Home *** About/contact *** What we do in Speech and Drama class *** Parent feedback *** Publicity ***SpeechNZ aims